DPD Integration Service
This wiki describes how to integrate DPD Integration Services into your own application. The DPD Integration Services provides four web services:
- The Login Service to authenticate the user,
- The Shipment Service to generate parcel labels (Possible Products),
- The ParcelShopFinder Service to find the nearest Parcel Shop.
- The Depot Service to find the DPD sending depot.
- The Parcel LifeCycle Service to request the status of your parcel.
All five services are SOAP[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOAP] WSDL services. This means the XML protocol is used to communicate between your application and the DPD Integration Services.
By integrating your system via our services your integration will always be up to speed with the latest developments in the DPD System.
The ParcelShopFinder service will provide you the latest data about our Pickup parcel shop network.
The Shipment service will provide you with a PDF label generated using the latest routing specs this way you won't have to update your system every 4 months. And will forward the data directly into our system so we know your parcel is coming our way.
The KPI's mentioned here are the system response times for the live environment. The stage environment have no KPI's. External factors like narrow-band internet, routings and other factors outside DPD systems, are non measurable and out of scope.
- Login Service (max 0.5 sec.)
- ParcelShopFinder Service (max 2 sec.)
- Shipment Service :: Depending on the amount of labels in the request (between 1 and 30) max 5 sec.
- Maximum of two login requests every 24hours
- Local retention of parcel shop data (vs reloading it via the service) for the time of use by the customer.
- Minimal amount of orders (multiple parcels possible) per shipment request
- Maximal 300 labels / min.
To ensure the stability and performance of our services for all shippers we maintain the following optimizations:
- Not more than one (two at the most) login requests per day. (cache your Token, refresh on LOGIN_x)
- Cache ParcelShop finder responses per client request/checkout.
- Try to make one shipment request per order (order may contain multiple parcels)
- php 5.3 has compatibility problems with the multipage wsdl PHP advises to upgrade to version 5.6
What to do to go live
- Contact your sales contact and request a staging account for the DPD integration services (DIS).
- You will receive stage credentials from DPD IT.
- Start developing against our web services (Put your IT dep. in contact with DPD IT for sparring purposes)
- Generate a label for each product you wish to use
- Send these labels (PDF and physical) to your responsible DPD IT department (NL[mailto:email@example.com] - BELUX[mailto:IT.CS@dpd.be])
- Fix possible issues requested by DPD IT
- Go back to step 4 (if applicable)
- Request switch to live environment
- (optional) Test products with live parcels.